One of my all time favorite things to eat are avacados! I love to eat them by themselves with just a little of my homemade balsamic vinagerette….oh so good! One thing I love about avacados are the fact that they are packed with good fats, vitamins and nutrients! They are excellent for the skin when you eat them and when you use them externally. They contain more potassium than bananas, loaded with monounsaturated fatty acids and FIBER!
They are a power house food in my eyes! But one of the best ways to use it for your skin is by using the oil that is extracted from the fruit of the avocados! Many people do not understand the hidden secrets of avacado oil so I’m sharing with you why you should add this to your regulate routine of skin care.
These are some of the important nutrients you’ll find in avocado oil:
- Protein and Fats. Avocado oil contains a high amount of proteins and unsaturated fats, both of which are strong skin agents. Avocado oil actually contains omega-3 fatty acids – those very same fatty acids as found in fish oil. Thus, not only can this oil be used as a beneficial lotion, but also as healthy cooking oil!
- Sterolin. Avocado oil is high in a substance called sterolin, which studies have shown to facilitate the softening of the skin and to reduce the incidence of age spots;
- Antioxidants. Avocado oil is rich in antioxidants, making it useful for healing sun-damaged skin. Antioxidants like vitamins A, D and E in avocado cause the skin to be suppler, and are thus particularly good for dry or aged skin.
- Lecithin and Potassium. Avocado oil contains lecithin and potassium, which are all highly beneficial for the skin as well as the hair;
Here are some of the benefits of avocado oil for your skin and hair:
- Moisturize the Skin. Avocado oil applied topically helps relieve dry and itchy skin. Once applied, avocado oil is deeply absorbed by the skin, thus making it an ideal moisturizer and skin care agent.
- Boost Scalp Health. In addition to helping clear scaly skin, it can also relieve itchy scalp symptoms. Avocado oil, when regularly applied to the scalp, can stimulate hair growth.
- Increase Collagen Production. When applied, avocado oil increases the production of collagen, which helps keep the skin plump and decreases the effects of aging.
- Treat Skin Conditions. Avocado oil is useful in the treatment of a variety of skin conditions, including eczema and psoriasis.
- Others. Avocado oil facilitates the healing of wounds and burns to the skin. It also helps to relieve and heal diaper rash.
So, my question to you is….are you taking advantage of this amazing oil?! I personally use avacado oil in my hair and on my skin and I love how it absorbs into the skin and how it coats my hair!
Avacado Oil is a stellar ingredient to skincare and hair care products!
I would love to hear your thoughts! Have you tried avocado oil? If so what do you think?
Well my Skinnies, that is the Skinny on Skin 101 for today! Now go and eat an avocado full of dense nutrition!!
Until next time!
Holistic Skin and Wellness Specialist